Internet Retailing publish SciVisum Commentary
Canterbury DigitalFutures conference - Deri Jones to speak
Cineworld’s major website upgrade benefits from SciVisum MultiSite Monitoring service
Why Choose SV?
Do What The User Does
Website Load Testing
Website availability and performance management is no longer a simple technical or operational tick box. No one now doubts that slow features anywhere in a web, mobile or tablet site will impact on the bottom line.
So every organisation has the best intentions: eConsultancy.com's Manifesto best encapsulates what's needed:
"improving the customer experience must be the relentless focus of modern business."
SciVisum services assist your organisation in achieving that focus.
If your organisation is already well down that road, and want to take your Load Testing and Performance monitoring to the next level: then read more about the unique benefits of our services, start with: Measure by Doing What the Customer Does
On the other hand, if in your organisation you have made good progress but are conscious that you need a better process to ensure continually improvement of user experience on your site despite the challenge of rapid change in technology and tools encompassing social, mobile, tablet, HTML5, kiosk, multi-channel, video and so on; then maybe your first priority may be to increase the effectiveness of your teams web performance activity - maybe to get more done with less time - ie fewer meetings, reports and post-mortems. These are common reasons why our approach is sought:
- Site-Releases still allowing Web Performance to gradually slip way: with roll-backs, post mortem blame-games
- Opps team losing time in trouble-shooting, trawling for the right facts and struggling to recreate what really impacted customers last night or last week
- 3rd party suppliers don't deliver, and yet won't listen; there's a lack of hard evidence that would force them to improve
- Site failures at peak traffic times despite Load Testing - why doesn't load testing realistically match the past traffic peaks?
- Store Size Capacity measurements that just don't correlate to real traffic measures, time wasted compiling meaningless Concurrent users numbers
- Opps team realise the need for better Load Testing - but Business teams slow to realise that growth online requires new approaches that were not needed just a year or two ago
We have a proven track record of solving these problems, and ensuring that improving the customer experience really becomes the 'relentless focus" of your teams. See a short list of our current web performance clients.
See a video where a Director at Dixons retail talks at a Major conference about the time and hassle saving value of metrics that are truly dependable, he coins the phrase Unite the Tribes using web performance.
Although our services can be considered within the Load Testing and web performance monitoring space; what have built on those foundations takes it to a new level of effectiveness: the vast majority of our new clients come to us having used other approaches and suppliers, because they can finally solve the problems above, that had previoulsy escaped them.
So if you have not used our services before, we ask you not to come with expectations based on what you have experienced so far: but if any of the problems above are ones you can identify with: then we will be happy to provide a proof of value project to your teams.
These linked problems may also on occassion frustrate your teams, and hold back your organisation:
- Platform doubt: indecision over a current platform that has problems: a lack of hard numbers to decide whether for the sake of better user experience should move to a new platform, or can the existing be quickly improved
- Opps teams lost time: in meetings called by the Business, but with no actionable tasks being offered
- Business teams frustrated: soft evidence suggests performance issues on mobile or tablet, but can't get traction with IT without hard data
- Flakey Investment decisions based on web performance reports that are known to be based on incomplete or plain misleading numbers
Many clients would say that the first thing that stood our as far as our technology: was that our services are based on realism: that we uniquely Measure by Doing What the Customer Does so that the metrics and analysis that follow enable business wide understanding of the impact of online performance on the bottom line. Which can be described as our Dynamic User Journey approach:
Dynamic User Journeys...
... are complete routes through your website that provide vital customer-serving facilities. A route through your site that does something that your real visitors want to achieve.
Not based on predefined URLs, but rather by looking at the content of each live page in turn, checking the content is correct: and then choosing the next page to go to, choosing from one of the user's options within the live page. E.g. on a search results page; the next step is often based on choosing at random from the live results list offered: so that a different product may be selected every time the journey runs: this acting much more like real users and at the same time, visiting many more different pages in the site and thus finding issues that only occur in a subset of pages.
This end to end User Journey monitor approach, looking into the live page at every step, helps identify and resolve the real website performance issues that you would otherwise be unaware of.
Deri Jones' CEO Blog
Useful information and advice on all aspects of website effectiveness, from technical performance to website marketing.
Read our case studies to find out exactly how our web testing services have helped clients optimise the user experience delivered by their web applications.
Product Data Sheets
|About Us: Why Choose SciVisum? view more product data sheets|