- Award-winning, Canterbury-based software company
- Fast track graduate training scheme offering a springboard into IT
- Learn from an experienced team of experts working on cutting-edge technology
- Suitable for graduates keen to develop a career within IT, testing and programming
- Salary £22-25k
The business is an established and expanding software company, based in the heart of Canterbury, providing innovative solutions to a growing list of leading eCommerce clients throughout the UK.
The company offers a relaxed working environment that encourages growth and development, and which is dedicated to supporting its clients through the development of industry leading technology.
You will work on providing comprehensive load testing solutions using, and extending, the market leading in-house developed platform. As a member of the expert team you will analyse, code and maintain these solutions; you’ll need to get to grips with complex object-oriented systems, together with understanding the latest web technologies as used out in the market – with their strengths and complexities.
- Ongoing project management with technical and non-technical contacts
- Analysis of analytics data
- Writing automated User Journeys to test client’s websites and applications, using purpose built engine
- Conducting of load tests
- Investigation and replication of issues reported by tests about the client’s site
- Provide high quality information to the client in the form of reports following tests
- Participate in design, development and maintenance of software tools to improve the team performance
- Possible out of hours shifts as load tests are often done overnight when websites are not in use, requiring shifts from the early hours.
- These can be done from home
- Reasonable overtime rate
- Time off in lieu
- Object-oriented programming, whether Java, C#, Python, etc
- Be an excellent problem solver – there are always new corner cases that arise as eCommerce technology develops rapidly and its practise across the market varies
- Ability to operate and communicate clearly and efficiently both inside the company and with clients
- Must not be afraid of manual testing and replication
- Be a good project manager
- Be able to document results
- Happy working unsociable hours
- BSc in Computer Science or related area
- Linux proficiency
- Experience with Python
- QA testing experience
To apply – or more information – contact us at email@example.com and attach a copy of your CV.